Bowles is hosting a Outdoor First Aid Course run by The First Aid Academy.
The next course is March 6th and 7th 2021.
This 2 day (16 hour) course is recognised by the National Governing Bodies such as the Mountain Leader Training, British Canoe Union, British Cycling, British Association of Snowsport Instructors etc. Be sure to check your NGB requirements. Certificates are issued through OfQual Awarding Organisation.
The Outdoor First Aid course covers the long-term care of casualties in remote settings.
The trainers have been running a number of courses recently have all Covid-19 practices in place on the course. You will be expected to follow the producers during the course and then follow all government guidelines during lunch breaks. Everyone is required to engage with the Track and Trace system whilst at Bowles.
- This is a 16-hour course, delivered over 2 days.
- Course cost is £150 for two days
- Please bring outdoor clothing as there is very limited time indoors.
- Participants will have to bring their own food and drink.
- It is preferred if each person brings their own face masks, but disposable ones are available.
- The course will start at 9am and finish at 6pm each day.
- Please meet at the building called the Lodge. Park in the main carpark and walk up the driveway (past the pool) and its the large building on the left, opposite the rocks.
Food and accommodation are available as an add on to this course. Accommodation is £25 per night and meals are £10 per meal. Please observe all government guidelines when booking.
As first aid courses are required for many people, they have been classed as essential. This mean that we have been able to continue running these courses during the whole of 2020. If the situation was to change in 2021, we can offer an alternative date or a full refund.