Join our fantastic team at one of the UK’s best outdoor education centres near Tunbridge Wells on the Kent/East Sussex border!
“A really top class team!” Meadlands School, September 2022
Lead instructors and Outdoor Education instructors !
Now recruited for the 2024 season
Salary Range: £22,660-£25,750k + benefits, dependent on experience & qualifications.
Contract Type: Seasonal contract. Live-in & live-out options available. (Terms apply)
Contract dates: February 7th, 2024, to November 22nd, 2024.
Join our fantastic team at one of the UK’s top outdoor education centres based near Tunbridge Wells. We are looking for enthusiastic, motivated and experienced instructors who are passionate about outdoor learning and who will add quality to our excellent team.
Lead Instructors are at the heart of the Bowles instructional team delivering high quality outdoor learning sessions across our full range of activities to a variety of predominantly residential clients.
Bowles is an independent charitable trust located at the stunning Bowles Rocks in the UK South East. A leader in outdoor learning for schools and colleges, the work is diverse, and we also deliver Learning & Development for business, recreational activities for families and developmental experiences for disadvantaged young people.
Bowles has first class facilities including:
- 2 dry ski slopes
- Sandstone crag with 200 routes
- Indoor heated pool with fleet of Jackson kayaks
- High ropes, Low Ropes, Trapeze, Jacob’s ladder
- Archery range
- Offsite activities include Orienteering, Kayak/Canoe, Scrambling at nearby crags
- Accommodation for instructional staff with lounge and newly fitted kitchen.
- Meals provided when working.
- Regular training events for all staff (last year these included STA pool Responder, BC White Water Safety and Rescue, First Aid refreshers, Positive Handling course).
- Regular staff training trips (this year we ran trips the Gower, Llangollen, Peak District and Eryi), 2024 has two planned trips one to the Alps and one to North Wales.
- £500 individual training budget to spend on relevant training/NGB’s.
- Team building events: eg trips to climbing walls, canoe/kayak days, BBQ’s + socials.
- Ride to work bike scheme.
- Pension Scheme.
- Access to facilities including pool, ski slope & rocks; free access to local bouldering wall.
- 29 days paid holiday (pro rata) and 9 days off per month
- 40 hours per week (average)
- £500 training budget plus 5 additional days course leave
|A minimum of two NGB instructor qualifications from:|
– Rock climbing (RCI)
– Paddlesports instructor/coach/leader
– Snowsports qualification
– High Ropes/ERCA
– Mountain Leader
– Archery UK
A minimum of two years’ experience teaching a range of outdoor activities
Strong interpersonal skills
A professional approach
A passion for outdoor learning
Ability to swim 400m without stopping
|Additional NGB instructor qualifications|
Degree level education
Forest school practitioner
Personal outdoor activity competence
Please send your CV along with a covering letter telling us:
- Why you are interested in this role.
- How you meet the Person Specification (see job description)
Closing date: 31st Dec 2023, although applications will be considered as they arrive.
Instructor Training Scheme (BOLT)
Are you passionate about inspiring and developing young people? Train with a fantastic team at one of the UK’s leading outdoor centres.
Now recruiting for 2024 season
Bowles is a residential centre with first class facilities near Tunbridge Wells:
Whether on our ski slope or the centre’s natural sandstone crag, we proudly provide young people with incredibly fun and valuable experiences that have a lasting impact on their lives.
Visit https://bowles.rocks/about-the-charity/bowles-outdoor-leader-training-bolt/ for more information
Bowles offers high quality residential programmes for schools & colleges, outdoor activities for the public and Learning and Development Programmes for businesses and organisations.
Bowles is looking for established outdoor professionals who are used to working with a range of clients from both corporate and educational settings. Qualifications (Instructor/Leader/Trainer Quals, SPA/RCI, D1+E, Belbin, Myers Briggs) are valuable but more importantly we are looking for educators/facilitators with a friendly personality who are reliable, flexible and have a breadth of experience. Facilitation & reviewing skills within a professional development context would be advantageous.
If you live further afield we may be able to offer accommodation for a block of work.
Please send us a covering letter and CV outlining your experience and qualifications to Fizz@bowles.rocks
Catering and House-Keeping General Assistant –
General Assistants required for our thriving catering and housekeeping department. Summer roles for students also available.
20-30 hours per week, annualised contract including evenings and weekends with additional hours available during busy periods, hours allocated via a monthly rota.
Duties to include serving and assisting during meal service, vegetable preparation, laying tables, washing up, loading and unloading the dishwasher and cleaning bedrooms and bathrooms.
Please send an e-mail detailing relevant experience and contact details to firstname.lastname@example.org