Join our fantastic team at one of the UK’s best outdoor education centres near Tunbridge Wells on the Kent/East Sussex border.
We are currently recruiting Instructors and Kickstart placements in a variety of roles across the centre:
Bowles Rocks Trusts takes part in the Kickstart Scheme supporting young people!
Bowles has been granted 8 placements as part of the Government Kickstart Scheme. These paid six-month work placements are perfect for 16-24 year olds, passionate about working for a charity and starting a career in any of the fields below. All candidates must have, or be willing to take a DBS check. If you know anyone suitable aged 16-24 who is in receipt of Universal Credit, please share this with them.
Educational and Instructor Support Staff
- Work alongside our instructional team
- Kickstart a career as an Outdoor Instructor or in Education
- Live on site, with access to our natural sandstone rock crag, indoor swimming pool and ski slope
- Have the opportunity to develop your passion in outdoor pursuits such as climbing, kayaking and skiing
- Have the opportunity to apply for our Outdoor Leader Training Scheme at the end of the placement
Dining Room, Kitchen & Housekeeping
- Kickstart your career in hospitality
- Learn meal prep and hygiene standards and customer service
- Support our Housekeeping team prep for huge school visits and help us to provide clean, safe rooms
Maintenance & Grounds Care
- Help with the upkeep of our beautiful grounds
- Keep our centre tidy, bushes strimmed and driveway clear
- Assist our experienced maintenance team with odd jobs and be ready every day to be pro-active and learn new skills
- Make sure you are physically fit, hard working and positive about taking direction
- Be the positive ‘first impression’ at Bowles
- Assist with the production of high quality Educational and Recreational administration
- Support our Admin team to deliver accurate, bespoke activity programmes
- Provide our customers with a positive experience, and learn how to provide exceptional customer service
- Assist in communicating across the whole centre
This is part of the Government Kickstart Scheme, eligible for young people aged 16-24 on universal credit. Apply for this role via your Job Coach at your local Job Centre. Find out more here
Catering and House-Keeping General Assistant
General Assistants required for our busy catering and housekeeping department. Summer roles for students also available.
Role 1: Term time role, immediate start, 8.15am to 2pm Monday to Friday, with optional additional hours available during busy periods.
Role 2: 20 hours per week, annualised contract including evenings and weekends with additional hours available during busy periods, hours allocated via a monthly rota.
Duties to include serving and assisting during meal service, vegetable preparation, laying tables, washing up, loading and unloading the dishwasher and cleaning bedrooms and bathrooms.
Please send an e-mail detailing relevant experience and contact details to Admin@bowles.rocks
Seasonal and Full Time Instructors – for 2022
Bowles is looking for both seasonal and full time instructors for our 2022 season. Please see the documents below for details.
Join our fantastic team at one of the UK’s top outdoor education centres based near Tunbridge Wells.
We are looking for enthusiastic, motivated and experienced instructors who are passionate about outdoor learning and who will add quality to an excellent team.
If you are already thinking about next years employment, please send us your CV.
Bowles offers high quality residential programmes for schools & colleges, outdoor activities for the public and Learning and Development Programmes for businesses and organisations.
Bowles is looking for established outdoor professionals who are used to working with a range of clients from both corporate and educational settings. Qualifications (SPA, D1+E, APIOL) are valuable but more importantly we are looking for educators/facilitators with a friendly personality who are reliable, flexible and have a breadth of experience. Facilitation & reviewing skills within a professional development context would be advantageous.
If you live further afield we may be able to offer accommodation for a block of work.
Please send us a covering letter and CV outlining your experience and qualifications to email@example.com
Bowles Outdoor Leader Training
We offer a fantastic training course for aspiring outdoor instructors. The next opportunity to apply will be October 2021. For full details on BOLT, please visit our Bowles Outdoor Leader Training (BOLT) page.