Join our fantastic team at one of the UK’s best outdoor education centres near Tunbridge Wells on the Kent/East Sussex border.
We are currently recruiting a Head of Finance and Facilities, Trustees and Kickstart placements in a variety of roles across the centre:
Head of Finance and Facilities
Bowles Outdoor Centre is looking for an experienced, qualified accountant with excellent project management and people skills.
- Good work-life balance, flexible hours and location.
- Rewarding, varied role, making a difference for a fantastic children’s charity.
- Beautiful location, supported by a dedicated and positive team.
You will be responsible for the accounts, and payroll as well as managing the infrastructure of the centre including the grounds, buildings and IT. You will be part of the Senior Management Team and have line management responsibilities for our admin and maintenance teams.
Ideal for a qualified accountant with a range of skills looking for a lifestyle change and a varied, interesting role making a difference to children’s lives.
To apply, please send a CV and a covering letter detailing your suitability for the role (job description below), and why you are interested in this role to: email@example.com.
Closing date has now moved forward to the 8th July 2021, interviews late July aiming for an August/Sept start.
Potential candidates are welcome to contact us for an informal discussion.
Bowles Rocks Trusts takes part in the Kickstart Scheme supporting young people!
Bowles has been granted 8 placements as part of the Government Kickstart Scheme. These paid six-month work placements are perfect for 16-24 year olds, passionate about working for a charity and starting a career in any of the fields below. All candidates must have, or be willing to take a DBS check. If you know anyone suitable aged 16-24 who is in receipt of Universal Credit, please share this with them.
Educational and Instructor Support Staff
- Work alongside our instructional team
- Kickstart a career as an Outdoor Instructor or in Education
- Live on site, with access to our natural sandstone rock crag, indoor swimming pool and ski slope
- Have the opportunity to develop your passion in outdoor pursuits such as climbing, kayaking and skiing
- Have the opportunity to apply for our Outdoor Leader Training Scheme at the end of the placement
Dining Room, Kitchen & Housekeeping
- Kickstart your career in hospitality
- Learn meal prep and hygiene standards and customer service
- Support our Housekeeping team prep for huge school visits and help us to provide clean, safe rooms
Maintenance & Grounds Care
- Help with the upkeep of our beautiful grounds
- Keep our centre tidy, bushes strimmed and driveway clear
- Assist our experienced maintenance team with odd jobs and be ready every day to be pro-active and learn new skills
- Make sure you are physically fit, hard working and positive about taking direction
- Be the positive ‘first impression’ at Bowles
- Assist with the production of high quality Educational and Recreational administration
- Support our Admin team to deliver accurate, bespoke activity programmes
- Provide our customers with a positive experience, and learn how to provide exceptional customer service
- Assist in communicating across the whole centre
This is part of the Government Kickstart Scheme, eligible for young people aged 16-24 on universal credit. Apply for this role via your Job Coach at your local Job Centre. Find out more here
Bowles is seeking three new trustees to join our board this year – these are volunteer positions.
- Do you have a passion for the outdoors and for outdoor learning & adventure?
- Are you interested in helping Bowles to make a difference supporting young people to achieve their potential?
- Do you have the skills a busy residential outdoor education centre needs to achieve its own potential?
Current skills we have particular interest in include (these are not exclusive!)
- Property/Facilities management or development
- Business management
We welcome applicants from all backgrounds with the relevant skills needed to contribute to our future success and sustainability.
To apply please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a letter covering why you are interested and the skills and experience you have to offer.
To arrange an informal discussion about the role email email@example.com
Closing date 31st July 2021
Catering and House-Keeping General Assistant
General Assistants required for our busy catering and housekeeping department. Summer roles for students also available.
Role 1: Term time role, immediate start, 8.15am to 2pm Monday to Friday, with optional additional hours available during busy periods.
Role 2: 20 hours per week, annualised contract including evenings and weekends with additional hours available during busy periods, hours allocated via a monthly rota.
Duties to include serving and assisting during meal service, vegetable preparation, laying tables, washing up, loading and unloading the dishwasher and cleaning bedrooms and bathrooms.
Please send an e-mail detailing relevant experience and contact details to Admin@bowles.rocks
Seasonal and Full Time Instructors – for 2022
We have now met our instructor staff requirements this year. The next opportunity to apply will be October 2021. Please see the advert below if you work freelance.
Join our fantastic team at one of the UK’s top outdoor education centres based near Tunbridge Wells.
We are looking for enthusiastic, motivated and experienced instructors who are passionate about outdoor learning and who will add quality to an excellent team.
If you are already thinking about next years employment, please send us your CV.
Bowles offers high quality residential programmes for schools & colleges, outdoor activities for the public and Learning and Development Programmes for businesses and organisations.
Bowles is looking for established outdoor professionals who are used to working with a range of clients from both corporate and educational settings. Qualifications (SPA, D1+E, APIOL) are valuable but more importantly we are looking for educators/facilitators with a friendly personality who are reliable, flexible and have a breadth of experience. Facilitation & reviewing skills within a professional development context would be advantageous.
If you live further afield we may be able to offer accommodation for a block of work.
Please send us a covering letter and CV outlining your experience and qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Bowles Outdoor Leader Training
We offer a fantastic training course for aspiring outdoor instructors. The next opportunity to apply will be October 2021. For full details on BOLT, please visit our Bowles Outdoor Leader Training (BOLT) page.