Bowles is a unique and beautiful place on the Kent/ Sussex border. We have our own onsite majestic sandstone outcrop, Bowles Rocks plus some lovely facilities and amazing activities.
Not least of our facilities is our Lecture Hall, it was inspired by Maria Zum Schnee, the chapel at the base of the Matterhorn.
The site boasts:
- 2 ski slopes for skiing, snowboarding and sledging
- An indoor heated pool for kayaking, kayak rolling, raftbuilding and swimming
- A stunning natural sandstone crag for rock climbing and abseiling
- High and Low Ropes courses
- Leap of Faith and Jacob’s ladder activities
- A wealth of problem solving activities to challenge and develop teams
Nearby we offer kayaking, canoeing, mountain biking, raftbuilding, hiking and camping.
We have accommodation for up to a maximum of 170 across the Lodge (48) and the Dorm (122)
The Lodge has 5 separate meeting rooms, all with wi-fi access and one with a projector. The Lecture Hall/Chapel is a versatile, relaxing space and has a screen and a projector.
We can seat up to 70 people for a meal, we also have a licensed bar on site.
Some of the events (other than our core residential courses) that we have hosted include:
- Training days
- Language schools
- Inset training days for teachers
- Yoga retreats
- Filming (incl. Dr Who, Maleficent, Sightseers, Discovery Channel)
- Product placement
- Committee meetings
- Town twinning dinners
- School re-unions
Whatever your requirements, we will try our best to help.